Introductory Blog


Hello there!

Ella in Machu Picchu, Peru, 2018
I am Ella Stidham, a first year, JN 134 student at LBCC. I plan on graduating this spring 2020. Afterwards, I plan on attending OSU working on a BA in Business. I have recently settled back in Florence, Oregon where I had previously resided for three years. I love where I live, it is the perfect blend between trees, sand, and the ocean. Being born and raised in Oregon is an integral factor in the person I have become. I have grown away from the stereotypical hipster Portlandian, yet have fallen into the categorial stereotype of progressive Oregonian teenager. I find everything interesting, and am always scavenging for random facts to file into the rolodex that is my brain.


I chose to join this course to take a walk on the wild side. I love to travel, but with the Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world, this course will give me a reason to leave the house to go find the beautiful parts of my town. It is very easy to overlook the smallest things that harbor the most visual aesthetics. I am eagerly awaiting this course and its potential for me to not listen to my perfectionist tendencies, and appreciate what I see and take pictures of.  I have little professional photography experience, but have been taking pictures on cameras as long as I can remember. I feel this class will teach me how to take better pictures of things, peoples, and scenery.


I have three goals for this term: I want to learn how to take better pictures. I want my captioning, and blog posting abilities to be improved by the end of this course. I also want to learn more about how to appropriately cater to and hook an audience through my pictures and words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mug Shot and Environmental Shot

Around The Farm

At the Beach